Coffee Shops: What Are All The Types of Coffee I Can Order?
Being a Coffee Lover is very “in” in the 21st century, and of course, so is coffee. Over the last 20 years we have seen a huge boom in the market for coffee shops as both a place to socialise and a place to stock up on caffeinated hot (and even cold) beverages. There was a time when a coffee meant either instant or ground. All the luxury we got in our mugs was if it was filtered. Nowadays, an array of drinks are available on virtually every high street, certainly in the UK and USA. This is great when it comes to choice and variation, but it can be tough to know what to order. Here is a guide to what means what in the world of Baristas and Lattes.
- Espresso – made by forcing hot water through coffee beans, the Espresso is a small (tiny in fact) drink that makes up most of the other drinks mentioned, but can also be consumed on its own for a burst of caffeine.
- Latte – Steamed Milk with a shot of espresso, one of the more commonly ordered coffees on the high street.
- Cappucino – Similar recipe to the Latte, but this time with both steamed milk and froth or foam, a more light and airy drink which is often topped with chocolate dusting (or a corporate logo in the form of chocolate dusting!)
- Americano – With the name springing from its origins in America (sorry to state the obvious), the Americano is the perfect beginner coffee and the one that is most similar to what we make at home most of the time. Americano is an espresso that simply has boiling water added to dilute it. Many people then choose to add milk, but this is entirely down to preference.
The above are the most commonly ordered types of coffee, and form the basis of the drinks you’ll probably walk away from the counter with. There are a huge amount of ways that you can then modify your beverage.
- Iced – You can have your coffee made cold and served over ice. Perfect for those summery days and clammy suits or dresses we wear to work!
- With Syrup – You can try a Vanilla Latte for example. Hazelnut, Caramel, Cinnamon and other syrups are often added to drinks to add a twist.
- Skinny – Simply made using lower fat milk, which can make a huge difference when you drink a lot of it! Some prefer the taste too.
That’s a rough guide at least! Next time you go to a coffee shop you should be able to tell your Lattes from your Cappucinos and experiment with whatever your favourite drink may be.
Ben is a writer from the UK who runs many websites in the Food and Drink niche including a resource about how to make iced coffee at home.
Food & Cooking
Part 3! Fun Children’s Eating Healthy Foods Video- Cute Kids’ Animation About Healthy Habits
Part 3 of Series- cute video animation for children promoting healthy eating and the importance of making healthy food choices. Chef Solus Pyramid Power vs The Junk Food Bandits- See who wins this fun animated basketball game! Visit www.chefsolus.com -The Fun Way to Learn About Nutrition. Free membership for our Parents’ Choice Approved Award winning website. Chef Solus and the Pyramid Power team take on the Junk Food Bandits in Nourish Interactive’s animated nutrition video for kids. Will eating unhealthy foods prevent the Junk Food Bandits from having the energy and concentration to win the game? See how the Pyramid Power Kids who have healthy eating habits play in the final half. Kids have fun learning about nutrition, the Food Pyramid, the food groups, healthy eating habits, and the importance of making healthy food choices- it’s fun to eat healthy! Visit Chef Solus for more fun animated videos, fun healthy food games, interactive learning tools and more! It’s a fun and FREE learning platform for kids, families, schools and communities www.chefsolus.com Pyramid Power is a series of 3 video animations for children- a cute video for learning about about making healthy food choices and choosing balanced meals from USDA Food Pyramid’s food groups. If you enjoy this video please give stars and pass it onto to friends, families, schools and community programs or SHARE it on your blog or website. Unhealthy food companies spend millions in marketing, developing advertisements …
healthy foods Video Rating: 4 / 5
healthy foods – click on the image below for more information.
List Price: $ 5.99
Price: $ 3.46
- Serrated port pierces citrus fruit for nearly complete juicing of the fruit
- Pliable rubber cup grips citrus fruit, folds down to accommodate larger fruit like grapefruit
- Twist and lock closure of juice funnel keeps juice fresh, easy storage in refrigerator
- Juice is a healthy, natural flavor alternative. Try it on salads, vegetables, fish and with all your favorite beverages
- Bpa-free, top rack dishwasher safe
The Juicer Pro by Healthy Steps is an easy way to add the natural flavoring of citrus juice to food and drinks. The Juicer Pro fits snugly around the fruit while a serrated port pierces deeply into the fruit. The funnel twists open and closed for the freshest taste and easy storage in the refrigerator. Citrus juice is a great, natural alternative to high calorie or fatty, processed flavorings. Experience the flavors added by fresh citrus on salads, vegetables and fish as well as great tasting beverages. From Healthy Steps by Jokari.
Healthy Steps Juicer Pro, Fresh Citrus Juicer
Click on the button for more healthy foods information and reviews.
Category: Food & Cooking